From Capital Beltway (I-95/495):
- If traveling eastbound, take exit 25B (Route 1, College Park exit) from the Beltway. Stay in the right or middle lanes on the exit ramp. At the light, stay in your lane onto Rt. 1 (becomes middle or left lanes).
- If traveling south from Baltimore on I-95, stay right at the split (exit 27 toward I-495 West), then stay left to take exit toward Route 1, College Park. This will loop you around to the ramp that exits from 495 eastbound (bullet above)
- If traveling westbound, take exit 25 (Route 1, College Park exit). Turn LEFT onto Route 1.
- Drive 2 miles south on Rt. 1 and turn RIGHT on Campus Drive (the Main University Entrance). You will see a "YIELD" sign immediately.
- Turn RIGHT at the yield sign onto Paint Branch Drive.
- Go about 1 block and turn LEFT into the Paint Branch Visitor's lot. Park at a metered or numbered parking space, pay at the meter or the pay station.
- The UMERC lab and offices are in the Engineering Laboratory Building, which is immediately next to the visitor lot and staff parking lot EE. Enter the door to the left of the electric car charging station and go upstairs.
- Refer to the "TerpNav" Interactive Building Map, and the Visitor Parking Map for a better sense of location. Additional campus maps can be found here.
- NOTE: Due to construction on campus, traffic patterns and University parking lots may have changed since the last time you visited campus.
From DC using the Metro:
- Take the Green line to the College Park station (in the direction of Greenbelt)
- Exit toward the parking garage, board UMD bus #104
- Exit the bus at the Paint Branch Drive/Wind Tunnel stop (first one after entering campus), you will be across the street from the "EE" and Paint Branch Visitor parking lots and the Engineering Lab Building.
Click on "More Options" in the map below to generate directions to UMERC from your starting location